Affirmations are a great tool to help you build your prosperity consciousness because they keep your mind focused on abundance rather than lack.
However, it’s important that your affirmations are worded in such a way as to make them believable. They must be believable because if you don’t believe what you’re saying, your affirmations will be completely ineffective.
In addition, affirmations should be worded in present tense, not future tense. If they place the benefits in some obscure future timeframe, you won’t feel a benefit from saying them NOW.
One good way to meet both of these requirements is to write your affirmations in such a way that they focus on a PROCESS rather than an end result. Instead of saying, “I have a lot of money,” you could say, “My financial situation is getting better by the day.” The latter is easier to believe than the former, especially if you don’t yet have a lot of money.
There are two types of affirmations you will want to use to increase your prosperity consciousness: those that focus on changing unsatisfactory circumstances, and those that affirm better circumstances.
Start by making a list of the things you’re unhappy with in your life right now. If you feel strapped financially, write it down. If you feel empty spiritually, write that down. Keep going until you can’t think of anything else you are unhappy with. Then write a statement for each scenario and affirm that it is getting better.
Do the same thing with situations you want to create or expand in your life. If you’ve experienced some success with your career but would like to expand upon it, write that down. Same with your relationships, health, or whatever else you want to increase. Then write statements for each of those situations.
Here are some sample affirmations you can use:
• I effortlessly attract abundance wherever I go.
• Every day my financial situation is improving.
• I trust in my ability to bring forth better circumstances.
• My inner guidance leads me to lucrative opportunities.
• I honor my natural talents and use them as often as possible.
• As I learn to love and respect myself, others do also.
• I have what it takes to create an amazing, passionate life.
• I am eager to take advantage of the many opportunities that come my way.
• I am open to receiving all the abundance and blessings I deserve.
• I am grateful for the limitless abundance I have right in my life right now.
The biggest challenge is remembering to say your affirmations daily, and especially when you find yourself focusing on lack! You may find it helpful to write or print your affirmations on index cards and post them where you will see them frequently. Place them on your desk at work, in your car, and in the place where you pay your bills.
With enough repetition, you will find it gets easier and easier to keep up with your affirmations and build your prosperity consciousness so big and strong that it becomes a permanent part of you.